Photo from Ludington Daily News
LUDINGTON, Mich. (AP) - Police say careless smoking may have caused a fire that killed a 45-year-old man in the Lake Michigan shoreline city of Ludington.
Police say the fire broke out Thursday morning in his second-floor apartment. Capt. Michael Harrie identifies the victim as Timothy C. Mohr.
State police Sgt. Trevor Slater says the fire's cause isn't certain but it may be a result of careless smoking. He says the fire started in a living room couch where Mohr also slept and says there were cigarette butts underneath the couch.
Mason County Medical Examiner Dr. Marc Keen says Mohr died of smoke inhalation.