GB Russo & Son International Grocery’s 112th Anniversary Celebration
● Specialty Grocery Store in Grand Rapids with wine, beer, & gourmet food
● Events for their 112th Anniversary all March long:
● We are having wine tastings at our tasting bar EVERY day throughout the entire month of March. Those wines that are tasted will be an additional 10% off on the day of the tasting.
● We are having a Painting & Pairing event on March 26th. We will be going back to our roots and painting the beautiful Reeds Lake, where we first started back in 1905. Sign up online.
● We are also having several local companies coming in to demo their products each weekend as well as specials and giveaways.
● We will be celebrating our anniversary/rebrand for a few months. Events, specials, giveaways and more!
● Stay tuned via Facebook or sign up for our weekly newsletter for more information on how you can come celebrate with us!
Muskegon Home, Garden + DIY Show
● 2017 Home, Garden + DIY Show is taking place at Fricano's Event Center on March 10 & 11.
● Tickets are $3 at the door and can be entered into a variety of drawings and used for $3 off at Fricano's Pizza which will be open during show hours.
● Featuring over 40 exhibitors showcasing the latest in home, garden and remodeling along with DIY and Educational sessions.
● Seminars include “Fun with Flowers,” “Cooking Demonstrations,” and “My Million Dollar Lawn”
Beer Month in Grand Rapids
● In the middle of beer month, which runs through March 15th
● a month- long celebration of Grand Rapids' exceptional craft beer scene.
● “Cool Brew, Hot Eats” with special beer pairings or beer-infused dishes, like Beer Floats at Harmony Hall and Cider Glazed Pork Belly at CityFlats Hotel
● We’re in the middle of KBS week at Founder’s Brewing
● It’s a great time to pick up your Beer City Brewsader Passport & start collecting stamps from 8 of the 32 breweries in the area to claim your Brewsader title and t-shirt
St. Patrick’s Party in Muskegon
● March also brings the St. Patrick’s Party presented by the Michigan Irish Music Festival on Friday, March 17th and Saturday, March 18th in Muskegon.
● The two-day event features live music from Tallymore, as well as Irish Dance, McGovern’s Corned Beef, Irish Whiskey, beer, and beverages.
● They will also be holding a silent auction to benefit the Michigan Irish Music Festival, which returns to Muskegon from September 14th to 17th
St. Patrick’s Day Cooking Classes
● The Downtown Market in Grand Rapids is hosting two St. Patrick’s themed classes.
● The Green Kids with St. Patrick class is March 17th and teaches kids how to celebrate the day by making green shamrock smoothies, green mac and cheese, mini shepherd’s pies, and green cake crinkle cookies.
● The Winter Irish Cooking class on the same day gives you and your friends a chance to feast on a traditional Irish winter meal. Dine on colcannon dip, Irish soda bread, and a Guinness lamb stew to keep you from getting cabin fever.
For more information, please visit wmta.org