Dr. Matthew Clark talks about why people sometimes end up with the wrong person.
(from the NY Times)
1. We have an array of problems that emerge when we try to get close to others. We seem normal only to those who do not know us well.
2. A first date question should be: And how are you crazy? Before marriage or serious dating we rarely delve into our complexities.
3. When our flaws are revealed we blame our partners.
4. Our partners are no more self-aware generally than we are.
5, Now we base relationships on feelings rather than logic or necessity.
6. We seek familiarity.
7. Feeling single seems unbearable to many of us.
8. We may have only one thing in common. The relationship.
Courtesy: Dr. Matthew Clark, The Clark Institute
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.