Wreaths: A Christmas Tradition
● Event posted by: Loutit District Library, Grand Haven
● Thursday, 11/03/2016, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
● Floral consultant and designer Alice Waterous will lead participants in creating a holiday wreath using fresh local greenery & assorted trims. Each attendee will fashion a wreath from scratch. Whether experienced or not, each participant will take home a decoration to be proud of.
● Learn the best ways to combine various pines, fir & boxwood into a sturdy wreath that will last throughout the season. You will be able to choose from an array of ribbons & trims to add the finishing touches that suit your taste. The session will begin with a demonstration on methods used and a few finished examples will be shown as well.
● This class will be limited to 15 persons, enabling Alice to spend time with each of you. Bring a pruner, wire cutter and ribbon scissors. Needle nosed pliers are handy but not required. There is a $10 materials fee payable at time of registration. To register, visit the assistant at Library's Public Computing Desk.
Festival of Trees
● Date(s) - 11/17/2016 - 11/27/2016
● The Muskegon Museum of Art will host its annual Festival of Trees November 17-27.
● The museum galleries will be transformed into a festive holiday display with special events and activities! Enjoy themed trees wreaths and other holiday decor created by local designers and sponsored by individuals and organizations in the community.
● Visitors can bid on the trees decor items and donated gift baskets during the Festival's on-going silent auction.
● Some other special events will be Teddy Bear Breakfast Senior Day and live musical entertainment by a variety of local performers. For more information visit their website at muskegonartmuseum.org.
Grand Haven Light Night
● Event posted by: Grand Haven Main Street
● Date(s) - 11/18/2016, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
● In late November of each year, Grand Haven's Main Street is all abuzz with holiday cheer as Washington Avenue is brightened by an eye-catching display of seasonal lights during the all-illuminating Light Night event.
● As visitors marvel at the twinkling displays, Grand Haven's own WGHN plays Christmas songs in the street. Hot chocolate and freshly roasted chestnuts offer a warm reprieve on the chilly eve and FREE Light Night commemorative mugs to the first 600 shoppers.
● Indoors, participating merchants host open houses with special promotions. In Downtown Grand Haven, you can find gifts for everyone on your list. While there, you can even purchase evergreen wreaths from a Grand Haven Boy's Scout troop.
● When Light Night comes around, the joy of the season is all around!
Christmas Lite Show
● West Michigan's largest, animated, drive thru light show, is now celebrating it's 20th year, of entertaining people of all ages. The event is located at Fifth Third Ballpark, home of the West Michigan Whitecaps, exit 91, off US 131.
● Enjoy nearly two miles, over a million lights, animated displays, lighted tunnels, and more. On select evenings, you can stop at the Santa house, and give him your wish list!
● New for this year, are an extended trail, addition of 10,000 lights, a few new and updated displays, and more.
● Drive thru November 23rd-January 2nd.
● November 18th: Join us for our second annual Reindeer Ride, thru the Christmas Lite Show.
● This will be a fun, non-competitive event, designed for the entire family. Decorate your bikes, and you might just win a prize! The cost is $10 per person, or $25 for a family of 4.
● November 19, 2016 6pm-9pm Be sure to join us for the Reindeer Run. Run or walk thru the lighted, tunnels, up close to many, animated displays. Great photo opportunity! This is a non-competitive event, designed for people of all ages and skill levels. $25 includes long sleeved T-shirt
The Christmas Tree & Giveaway
● The Christmas Tree in Benton Harbor is family owned and operated for 27 years.
● The Christmas Tree is a delightful, beautiful, Happy place to shop for not only Christmas, but gifts for everyday gift giving too.
● Personalizing Ornaments with names, dates, messages, for special occasions
● Gift Wrapping is complimentary service we have for our customers
● Christmas Elves …dressed in their finest are fun to pose on a shelf, your Christmas Tree, on a vase….most of them or12 to 16 inches tall.
● Beautiful Fontanini Heirloom Nativities
● Collection of Hand Carved wood santas. These are carved by Dan Matro, a retired US Marine who lives in Indiana.. He and his wife enjoy doing these Santa's together…he carves and she paints them. Nice gift for a man.
● Enter into …THE ROOM OF GOOD THINGS TO EAT….We guarantee everything to be super good….why? because we sample everything to be sure it is absolutely …Good…Tasty…and top quality before we ever offer it to our customers! Great Food Gifts and Gift Baskets are made up in here.
● Entertaining made easy with different dips & chips and recipes…Food gifts much appreciated…and Chocolate of all kinds…who doesn't like Chocolate…we create gift baskets and stacks of all sizes…right on down to place gifts at parties…THE ROOM OF GOOD THINGS TO EAT IS POPULAR!
● We are now open 7 days….Mon – Friday 10am to 6pm…Sat 10am to 5pm and Sundays noon until 5pm
For more information: www.wmta.org