Cinnamon Mascarpone Pancakes with Warm Cherry Balsamic Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. Old World Olive Co. Natural Butter Olive Oil, plus more for the griddle
- 2 cups frozen cherries, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Old World Olive Co. Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts, coarsely chopped (pecans, hazelnuts)
- Stir the confectioners’ sugar into the ½ cup mascarpone and set aside.
- Put the cherries into a sauce pan and warm over medium heat. Stir in the Cherry Balsamic Vinegar and honey.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until pale. Whisk in the buttermilk, 1/3 cup mascarpone, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add the Natural Butter Olive Oil and mix until just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and brush with Natural Butter Olive Oil. Add about ¼ cup of the batter to the griddle and cook until the bottom is lightly golden brown and bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake over and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve pancakes topped with cherries, a dollop of the mascarpone and some nuts.
For more about Chef Elizabeth Suvedi and Culinary Expeditions, visit www.culinaryexpedition.com/
© 2018 WZZM