The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is keeping you warm with home cooked, hearty meals. They are hosting 'Comfort Food Friday' on November 11 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Guests can stroll the Market Hall to find featured items and special deals from Market merchants, created just for this cold-weather theme. Whether it's a nostalgic childhood meal or a new combination of comforting flavors, Comfort Food Friday has something cozy to suit everyone's cravings.
Participating merchants and special menu items include:
· Carver’s: Chicken and Dumplings
· Fish Lads: Lobster Mac & Cheese: Maine lobster, artisanal cheese & pasta
· Blue Spoon: Baked Chicken or Egg Plant Parmesan with Herbed Pasta, choice of Spinach Alfredo or Harvest Marinara Sauce and fresh baked bread
· Slows Bar-B-Q: Smoked Meatloaf: Angus beef, grilled onion and smoked gouda, glazed with poblano bbq sauce
· Social Kitchen: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup: Whole grain toast, cheddar, gruyere, guacamole, tomato, and caramelized onion
· Field & Fire: Cheddar Beer Bread: A cheesy version of the standard levain, made with Brewery Vivant Big Red Coq and stuffed with tons of American cheddar.
· Pho 616: Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup): Chicken stock poured over rice pho noodles & shredded chicken breast topped with fresh cilantro, green & white onions, and quail eggs, with a side of fresh bean sprouts, Thai basil and slice of lime
· Sushi Market: Pink Lady Roll: Spicy tuna, avocado and shrimp tempura wrapped with soy paper, served with eel sauce and spicy mayo
· Rocket Pies: Mama's Pot Roast Pizza: Pulled beef roast, gravy, potato, glazed carrots, onion
· Love’s Ice Cream: Classic Hot Fudge Sundae: Waffle bowl, choice of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, choice of nuts