Fourth of July weekend is a time for cookouts, picnics, fireworks, family, friends, and fun. When gathering this holiday, you may be firing up the grill and you may
Chef Nathan from Longhorn Steakhouse stopped by the station so share some tips to make sure you and your family and friends have the best burgers.
· 4 half-pound burgers (75/25)
· 4 slices of white cheddar cheese
· 4 brioche burger buns
· 1 large tomato, sliced
· 1 red onion, sliced into rounds
· 2 tablespoons of butter
· 12 pickle slices
· Clean and oil your grill grates with cooking spray, close the grill lid and heat to 550 degrees F.
· If you didn’t purchase your burger patties already formed, form the meat into four equal sized half-pound patties, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
· Place burgers on grill and cook to your liking.
· Spread butter on both sides of burger buns evenly (optional). Place on grill for one minute.
· In final minute of grilling, top each burger with sliced Vermont white cheddar cheese.
· Remove burgers and buns from grill.
· Place perfectly grilled burger on bun, cheese side up, then top with lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices, pickles or any of your favorite toppings.
Or, if you don't plan on doing the grilling yourself, you can head on over to Longhorn Steakhouse on 28th Street in Grand Rapids. You can check out their menu by following this link.
You can call -1855-LH-GRILL for more tips.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.