Social Kitchen at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market is celebrating their first anniversary and will feature promotions for guests dining at the restaurant April 17 – 21, 2017 including "free bacon day" to add to sandwiches, $3 bartender-picks-your-beer, and half off Sangria and French Fries all week.
The casual, inviting restaurant is highly regarded for serving refined comfort food and craft cocktails.
Social Kitchen is located inside the downtown Market at 435 Ionia Ave SW.
Chef Michael Santo joined the weekend morning show to share their recipe for Shrimp Tacos. See recipe below.
- 1 lb. (26-30) Raw Shrimp, peeled, cleaned, patted dry
- Blackening spice to coat the shrimp
- Sauté in a pan at medium heat and canola oil.
- Once cooked, place a tablespoon of butter in the pan with the shrimp to baste
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- ½ bunch Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Coco Lopez or sweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup Mayonnaise of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. Rum
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Cabbage, large, core removed and small diced
- Mix all of the above ingredients ahead of time (at least one hour) to let the flavors set
- Add more salt later if needed
- 1 Pineapple, whole
- Ground cinnamon
- • Clean and core pineapple into four sides
- • Pat dry and lightly season with ground cinnamon
- • Quick sear on medium heat in a sauté pan and canola oil
- • Let cook and small dice.
- • Note: This can be done ahead of time as well
- Use a tortilla of your choice, in any style
- Grill, sauté or bake tortilla if desired
- Build taco by laying the tortillas flat, adding a layer of slaw, three shrimp per taco
- Garnish with the pineapple
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
For more recipes like this, check out the Features section of wzzm13.com.