It's Fall -- which means the pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin flavored pies are popping up all over the place.
That's why this afternoon, we're following tradition with an easy pumpkin flavored recipe you can make at home.
Kerri Hale shares a recipe for buckwheat crepes with pumpkin ricotta.
Buckwheat crepes with pumpkin ricotta
- 6 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Maple Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Baker's Whole Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Confectioners Sugar for dusting
- 1 Cup Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Extract
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Next, pour in the flours and blend.
- Finally, slowly add the melted butter and blend till smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator and store for 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the crepes by taking a little of the Amish roll butter and just coating a hot skillet with a bit and place 1/4 cup of the batter in the center of the pan and turn the pan and roll the batter to make a thin coating all over the pan.
- The edges will pull away - carefully flip and cook the other side.
- Place about 2 Tbsp (more if rolling the crepes) of the filling on the crepes and fold into triangles.
- Powder 3 filled crepes with Confectioners Sugar and serve immediately.