Halloween is just days away and to get you in the Halloween spirit, Chef Char joined us with a clever recipe that's sure to "spook" your guests.
- 2 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, diced and cooked until golden
- 1 Tbls dried parsley
- 1 Tbls ground pepper
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef soup bones
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 6-8 slices thick bacon
- 1 onion (cut to look like toenails)
- Ketchup for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground chuck, eggs, breadcrumbs, cooked onion, parsley, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixed meat into 3 equal parts.
- Form 2 small loafs on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- Then make 10 meatballs out of the rest of the meat and place where toes would go on the front of the loaves (feet).
- Place 10 onion petals on top of each of the meatball (toes) to make toenails.
- Generously coat 2 beef soup bones with tomato paste.
- Place beef bones at the back of the loaves (ankle bones).
- Wrap tomato-coated soup bones with thick sliced bacon.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Coat the cooked meatloaf generously with ketchup and place back in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a spooky smile.
Take a cooking class with Chef Char at the Muskegon Farmers Market in Kitchen 242! Details about class topics and tickets to classes can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/d/mi--muskegon/chef-char/
You can also check out Chef Char's food blog at chefcharmorse.com.