Chef Michael Alexander from Honey Creek Inn joined the WZZM 13 News at Noon with a recipe for lemon chicken orzo soup.
Watch the full demonstration in the video above.
- Canola oil
- 1 pound of shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cups uncooked orzo
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Add oil to a hot heavy bottom pot.
- Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery with salt and pepper until tender.
- Stir in thyme and sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add orzo, rosemary, and chicken.
- Simmer until the orzo is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Honey Creek Inn is located at 8025 Cannonsburg Rd NE in Belmont. Click here to visit their website.