If it seems too good to be true, than it just might be the Better Business Bureau warns.
It's nothing out of the ordinary to do a bulk of holiday shopping online, and so many businesses are offering up some incredibly enticing deals and discounts. One local online retailer has been spotlighted by the BBB for their bad business practices.
Living Chic is offering customers a deal that ends too soon, and has been issued an F-rating from the BBB for failing to deliver purchased products or respond to customers or the BBB when issues have been brought up.
Living Chic sells products ranging from clothing to house, as well as outdoor, digital and travel items. However, the BBB says their operation is a telltale sign of being a scam.
- Everything Living Chic offers is marked on sale or discounted 50% or more. Even more discounts are available if you order more than one or in bulk, but for a limited time only.
- The website only offered about 10 products in early November, however, now that it's closed to the holidays, Living Chic is offering hundreds of products.
- There is no phone number or address to contact the company. When messaging their support email address, the website generates a written auto-response apologizing for the slow response time due to a "myriad of inquiries" Living Chic is receiving at this time.
- According to Living Chic's purchase policies "any orders that have already been packed or shipped cannot be canceled" and "due to the high volume of orders [Living Chic is] receiving, your shipment may take longer than usual."
- The operators of Living Chic have no website and more than 200 1-star reviews on Facebook. Their address is listed as being a nondescript, unverifiable strip mall in Kalamazoo.
In the last month, the BBB has received 12 negative reviews and 8 formal complaints against Living Chic operators -- none of which they have responded to; this business has also not answered BBB phone calls, emails, or letters regarding these issues.
All to say, if you're considering buying anything from Living Chic, buyer beware, as you'll likely not receive the product you purchased, you won't be able to get in contact with this business, nor will you get a refund.
If you've had any issues with Living Chic, file a complaint with the BBB so they can investigate even further. Get started by visit www.bbb.org/ask/complaints
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.