Five more children have been treated and released from the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a southern Michigan hotel pool area that killed a 13-year-old boy.
South Bend memorial Hospital spokeswoman Heidi Prescott said Sunday that the five additional children had been released Sunday. A police officer and three other children were previously treated and released following the incident Saturday at the Quality Inn & Suites in Niles.
WNDU-TV reports another patient is in good condition at Lakeland Hospital in Niles.
Niles Police Chief Jim Millin said 13-year-old Bryan Douglas Watts, of Niles, was pronounced dead at Lakeland.
Millin says the children are ages 12 to 14.
Niles Fire Department Mechanical Inspector Capt. Don Wise says a pool heater had improper ventilation.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.