A 5-year-old child was mistakenly served an alcoholic drink at a restaurant in Saugatuck on Friday.

According to the Saugatuck-Douglas Police Department, the child was served the wrong drink by restaurant staff at an establishment on Butler Street.

The parents took the child to Holland Community Hospital were the child was treated and released.

Police say the case remains open while they continue to investigate.

►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.

April Stevens is a multi-platform producer at WZZM 13. Have a news tip? Email news@wzzm13.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter.