A family is safe after escaping an early morning house fire on 18 Mile Road between Fruit Ridge Avenue and the village of Casnovia.
It broke out just before 3 a.m. on Thursday, March 16 in the chimney of a home. Investigators say there was damage to the walls around that chimney.
Firefighters put out the flames fairly quickly. No firefighters were hurt. Crews from multiple departments, including Sparta and Kent City were called out to help.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.