Six people were hurt Wednesday when two four-wheel drive off-road vehicles crashed head-on in Mason County.
According to the sheriff's' department, the crash happened just after 1 p.m. on Budzynski Road.
Police say the southbound UTV, carrying four people, went airborne over a hill, then hit the second vehicle which was climbing the hill. Two people were on the northbound UTV.
The four people were taken to Spectrum Health in Ludington for moderate injuries. The driver of the northbound vehicle was flown to Spectrum Health Grand Rapids by Aero Med. The passenger was also seriously injured in the crash.
The occupants of the southbound Polaris:
- Carl Martin Simpson (driver), 37, of Free Soil
- Amanda Rose Sheldon, 28, of Hazel Park
- Jessie Daniel Andelean, 28, of Hazel Park
- David Shawn Paige, 28, of Sterling Heights
The occupants of the northbound Can Am:
- Christine Elizabeth Holmes (driver), 56, of Lapeer
- Rozanne Lynn North, 55, of North Branch
Police don't think alcohol was a factor in the crash. The incident is still under investigation.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.