LOWELL, MICH. - The Kent County Youth Fair has officially begun!
The annual event runs Aug. 7 through 12 with more than 50 planned attractions, entertainment and education for local families.
Organizers say the fair aims to reach people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
This year's theme is "Raising the Steaks." Event highlights include:
- Children's Barnyard petting area full of cute animals to interact with
- Reading for Rides Day free carnival rides with completed registration on Tuesday, Aug. 8
- Expanded Ag Adventure Barn and new FairTRADE Educational Trading Cards
- Handicapable Day rides and luncheon on Friday, Aug. 11
- Racing Pigs with shows three times daily
- Free Entertainment Tent with performances daily
- A full scale Ninja Obstacle Course open daily
To see a full list of events, daily themes and more, click here.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 WZZM-TV