GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - It's Race Day -- which means there's a ton of excitement and crowds -- getting around downtown Grand Rapids and the surrounding area isn't going to be easy on Saturday.
Numerous road closures went into effect on Friday, May 12 and through to Saturday for the 2017 Fifth Third River Bank Run.
Let this guide held you find parking and avoid sitting in traffic -- courtesy of River Bank Run organizers.
Race officials also provided a parking guide, and a list of parking locations for whatever direction you're traveling from to get to Grand Rapids.
If you're interested in using public transportation on Race Day, instead of driving, considering riding the Rapid.
Here's a map of all the routes (PDF), including the Silver Line.
YELLOW: Downtown streets that will stay closed until about 11 a.m. Traffic will be allowed through when it's safe, as race equipment will be removed.
- Monroe Avenue between Pearl and Michigan
ORANGE: Downtown streets that will stay closed until noon.
- Pearl between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
- Monroe Center between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
- Louis between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
- Fulton between Winter and Ottawa
- Monroe Avenue between Pearl and Fulton
RED: Downtown street that will stay closed until about 5 p.m.
- Ottawa between Michigan and Pearl
- Lyon between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
The following ramps will be affected:
- I-196 EB/WB off ramps at Market Street will be closed between 8-9:15 a.m.
- US-131 NB/SB off ramps at Market Street will closed between 8-9:15 a.m.
- US-1311 NB/SB off ramps at Pearl Street will be closed between 6:45-10 a.m.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV