GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Here are Five events to check out this month in West Michigan, courtesy of West Michigan Tourist Association.
Music in the Park -- Saugatuck
- Kicks off on June 21st, runs on Wednesday nights through August. 7-9pm.
- Now in its 21st season, Music in the Park features popular bands playing in Wicks Park Gazebo in Saugatuck.
- Family and friends are welcome to picnic and dance in this family friendly atmosphere.
- Rain venue is Coral Gables.
- Free admission.
Bundy Hill Offroad -- Jerome
- The area’s Largest Privately Owned Off-road adventure park.
- Full of winding wooded trails, sand, rock crawling, gravel hills, bottomless mud pits hood deep water, and hill climbs.
- We are constantly doing work to make sure you can find everything from mild to wild!
- In addition to this, ATV rentals and member primitive camping are available during regular summer hours.
- Dirt Bike Night Tour on June 9: Come out to Bundy Hill Offroad park and ride your dirt bike at night. This is a guide tour no free riding you must stay with the group. Your bike must have a head light and some sort of light on the back (LED light from Harbor Fright).
- Family Fun Scavanger Hunt on June 10, more events throughout the summer.
Lake Michigan Shore Wine Festival -- Bridgman
- Returning for its 12th year on June 17 at Weko Beach.
- Features 21 Michigan wineries & live entertainment right on the beach.
- All attendees will receive a souvenir wine glass upon entrance. Wine tasting tickets cost $1 per ticket (1-2 tickets per tasting and 6-10 tickets per glass of wine). Food booths are cash only! No outside coolers allowed.
- NEW THIS YEAR! Because of high demand and a possible sell-out, tickets are available only in advance for $20 (plus service fee) through June 16 at brownpapertickets.com or in Bridgman, Michigan at Harding’s Friendly Market. All admission sales end at midnight on Friday, June 16.
- *If still available, admission tickets at the door will be $25 and not guaranteed. NO REFUNDS.
Father’s Day Festival -- Lemon Creek Winery, Berrien Springs
- Michigan's longest running wine festival! 33rd Annual.
- Featuring live music, a Classic Corvette car show, kids games, hayrides & more.
- There will be live music provided by Libido Funk Circus, a premier dance and party band from Chicago that has become an area favorite.
- The Corvette Coventry Club of Southwest Michigan will be displaying a large variety of their classic Corvettes for Mom and Dad and car enthusiasts alike.
- Grilled food can be purchased from the Outdoor Kitchen. They will have a menu that will include pork ribs and turkey ribs along with typical picnic foods.
- Admission is $12.00 a person for those 21 & older. Children are admitted free when accompanied by their parents. Admission also includes a souvenir wine glass and a ticket for 3 free tastings of estate-grown, award winning wines. Special sales and new wine releases are featured at the festival. Parking is free.
Waldo Wright’s Flying Service -- Portage
- Located at the AirZoo in Portage, Waldo Wright’s offers rides in vintage aircraft, and even the chance to be the pilot yourself! All summer long.
- Check out the aircraft at the museum, and then take to the skies in the
- 1942 Stearman: you be the pilot
- 1929 New Standard: take a joy ride that seats up to four passengers; the oldest active airplane of this type in existence.
- Great date or family experience, or they offer gift certificates to fly or ride.
For more information, please visit www.wmta.org.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV