● Rosa Parks Circle
● August 16-17, starts at noon each day
● Two days of FREE live Jazz!
● Family Friendly
● International, national, and local jazz performers & up-and-coming artists
● Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra, Trumpeter Rick Braun headlining, Jam sessions, and much more
● Bring your lawnchair and head downtown!
Shoreline Jazz Fest
● August 23 & 24
● Heritage Landing in Muskegon
● Headlined by Alexander Zonjic and Kenny G
● Tickets are $25/day (bring own chair) or $50 (preferred seating)
● August 15-17, 2014
● 50th Anniversary this year
● Live music, including a Journey tribute band
● Their famous arts & crafts fair
● Three Parades
● Beer tent with live dance bands
● Truck & Tractor Pull
● Hot Air Balloon Rally
● August 16-17 at Allegan County Fairgrounds (Saturday & Sunday)
● Celebrates all things related to natural fibers in Michigan
● Shows, competitions, shopping, live music, and more
● Workshops to learn to spin wool, knit, and even dye fibers with koolaid!
● Not just wool from sheep, also alpacas, llamas, angora rabbits, and more.
● Camp on the festival grounds for the complete experience
● August 22 & 23
● Over 200 beers will be on tap
● Great music w/headliner Brandi Carlile
● Motor Coach Day Trip from Grand Rapids to Traverse City for the festival
● No hotel or driving after a day of sampling local brews
● Bus passes are $100 per person, which also gets you a VIP Festival Pass
○ Free drinks
○ Souvenier glass
○ VIP viewing area
○ and more.
● August 29-31 2014 (Labor Day Weekend)
● Located at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa
● Celebration of all things food & drink related in the area.
● Downtown Grub Crawl (Best in Traverse City)
● Dining in the Dark (enhance your other senses)
● Pizza Throwdown (find the best pizza in the region)
● White House Dinner (with former White House chef)
● Best of the Brunch (Strolling brunch experience with lots of samples)
For more ideas: www.wmta.org