The celebrity cast of “Dancing with the Stars” are slipping on their dancing shoes and getting ready for their first dance on the ballroom floor.
The 23rd season kicks off on Monday, Sept. 12 from 8 to 10 p.m. on WZZM 13.
This season’s lineup of celebrity dancers includes two Gold medal-winning U.S. Olympians, a multi Grammy award-winning musician, a star of one of the most iconic television programs ever, one of the greatest wide receivers of all time and the former governor of Texas, to name just a few.
The celebrities with their professional partners heading to the ballroom this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Amber Rose with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Calvin Johnson Jr. with Lindsay Arnold
- Jake T. Austin with Jenna Johnson
- James Hinchcliffe with Sharna Burgess
- Jana Kramer with Gleb Savchenko
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds with Allison Holker
- Laurie Hernandez with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Marilu Henner with Derek Hough
- Maureen McCormick with Artem Chigvintsev
- Rick Perry with Emma Slater
- Ryan Lochte with Cheryl Burke
- Terra Jolé with Sasha Farber
- Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) with Witney Carson
You can find more information at www.facebook.com/dancingwiththestars
(© 2016 WZZM)