GRAND RAPIDS - September may seem like the end of Summer, but there is still some outdoor fun to be had. Courtney Sheffer from the West Michigan Tourist Association shared some upcoming events you might want to check out throughout September in West Michigan.
Grape Stomp at Baroda Founders
● Saturday, September 10th
● Annual grape stomp at Baroda Founders Wine Cellars (a bit south of St. Joseph)
● Teams of four compete for most juice crushed and/or best costume.
● Come early to register. Stomp begins at 3:30 Eastern time.
● Stay after for dancing and wine drinking
Wine Festival & Public Art Auction
● Saturday, September 24 at 4 PM - 9 PM
● St. Joseph Wine Festival & Public Art Auction
● presented by Lake Michigan College Wine and Viticulture Technology
● Location: Whirlpool Centennial Park
● You cannot find a better backdrop in the fall season than Lake Michigan and Silver Beach. While enjoying the view, sample Michigan wines, dine on local cuisine and listen to live music while bidding on your favorite piece of Public Art!
● Since mid-May, the City of St. Joseph has been abuzz with its annual public art display of sculptures painted by regional artists. This year's theme has beach bugs featuring bumble bees, caterpillars, snails and ladybugs.
● Event admission is free! Wine tasting is $10 to start and includes a stemless souvenir wine glass and 5 tickets. Wine tastes are 1-2 tickets and glasses will be 4-8 tickets. A small selection of Craft Beer and cider will be available as well.
Nuclear Noize at Perrin Brewing
● SAT, SEP 17 AT 4:00 PM, COMSTOCK PARK, MI
● Nuclear Noize: Perrin Brewing 4th Anniversary Party
● Get ready to make some noise, it's the 4th anniversary at Perrin Brewing Company!
● The party kicks off at 3pm for Pub Club Members and 4pm for General Public until 11pm at Perrin Brewing Company of Comstock Park. The beer will be flowing with a line-up of several core styles with the addition of one-off beers and a specialty draft release of "Nuclear No Rules", Vietnamese Imperial Porter.
● Local food trucks will be offering a variety of cusine options, available for purchase. Outdoor games, vendors, live music, a cigar rolling lounge and the annual cornhole tournament!
● Tickets are available on EventBrite or at Perrin Pub.
● $7 in advance and $10 at the gate
● 21+ only
● Chairs and blankets are welcome. No coolers or outside beverages.
Bakers Dozen Beer Run
● Saturday, September 17th
● Dark Horse Brewing Company is proud to host the Bakers Dozen Beer Run. You can run it, bike it, walk it, relay it. You pay; you pick your form of punishment. The event begins and ends at the brewery! We will have donuts before and beer after. 13.1 miles through scenic Marshall in the fall. In addition to the coveted shirt, beer, donut, and $3 pints all day, there will also be lunch for all registered participants and registered spectators. We of course will also provide water stations and port-a-johns. Check out Dark Horse Brewing Co. on Facebook or go to the www.darkhorsebrewery.com events page for more information.
● Party with the participants!! Yes, that is right you can register as a spectator and receive lunch, a shirt, and $3 pints all day and night.
● $5 of each entry will be donated to Safe Place.
● Special thanks to the Marshall Police Department and the Community Emergency Response Team for their continuing help making this event a great one!
Punch Bowl Social
● A Punch Bowl Social & Dinner at the Muskegon Farmers Market
● Community Dinner Fundraiser
● Muskegon September 10th 6:00 – 9:00 PM.
● Join us for an event that showcases the tremendous culinary talent here in West Michigan. The Muskegon Farmers Market presents a farm to table dinner featuring local foods. This grassroots event will take place down the middle of Market Street! Fun and mingling starts at 6:00 pm with music and appetizers, dinner and dessert to follow.
● Local Chefs Jamie and Jeremy Paquin will start us off with appetizers and a very local, very seasonal meal. Chef Char Morse will wrap things up with a delectable dessert made with Michigan's abundant fruit.
● Music by The Silverado Band
● A Punch Bowl Social is a charitable event supporting The Muskegon Farmers Market's many programs. Tickets are $25.00 each available now.
(© 2016 WZZM)