1st Anniversary Party at Dablon Winery
● Located in Baroda, celebrating the weekend of May 20th through 22nd
● In honor of our one year, we will be releasing our 2015 Dablon Pinot Noir Rose’ and 2013 Dablon Baroda Estate Red Blend (we will only have 20 cases of this wine available).
● Happy hour pricing will also be offered the entire anniversary weekend ($2 off all wine by the glass).
● They’ll be featuring live music and local food for you to enjoy all weekend.
Camp Forever Fun
● Camp Forever Fun: Everything you loved as a kid, plus craft beer!
● Summer Camp, it’s not just for kids anymore! Camp Forever Fun, the Midwest’s premier all inclusive summer camp for young adults will run two sessions, Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, in 2016. In Reading, near Coldwater.
● Over four days and three nights young adults will learn to be kids again. We’ll sleep in bunk beds, wake up to the camp bells, and eat together in the mess hall. You can expect morning yoga, dodge ball, giant canoe races, tug of war, climbing wall, relaxing at the waterfront, high ropes course, face painting, capture the flag, and much much more! At night it’s time to bring out kegs of really good beer (and some wine too). Get ready for campfire concerts and s’mores, talent shows, starlight beer hikes, and awesome nightly theme parties!
● Camp Forever Fun is an all-‐inclusive experience with housing, food, alcohol, activities, new friends, and unlimited memories all included in the price of your ticket. Registration is now open at www.CampForeverFun.com
Tulip Time Festival’s New App
● May 7th through 14th in Holland
● Tulip Time Festival (www.tuliptime.com) announces the release of their new festival app. The Tulip Time Festival App, which is your official mobile guide to Tulip Time, is a great tool for planning your visit in advance, or taking you step by step through the festival once you’ve arrived.
● The app is available at no charge from app stores. It contains the complete daily schedule with details for over 40 ticketed shows, 55 Dutch Dance performances and dozens of feature activities.
● Those planning on visiting the festival are encouraged to download the app ahead of time to explore all of the festival happenings, purchase tickets and plan their daily schedules. Users will find information on the best places to see the tulips, parade details, and can even share photos of their experience via social media.
● Check out the Info section for answers to Frequently Asked Questions along with maps and links to guide visitors around the Holland area. Users can opt-in to receive notifications in the event of schedule or location changes as well as other festival updates.
Grillapalooza at Herman’s Boy
● Herman’s Boy, Inc. will be hosting its 11th annual Grillapalooza event on May 7th from 10am to 4pm. The event features the Big Green Egg and will feature samples, grilling tips, kid’s activities, and more. The event will take place at 220 Northland Dr. in Rockford at Herman’s Boy’s one and only location.
● Grillapalooza will feature 8 Big Green Eggs cooking unique foods, samples from the grill, and tips on how to become the King of the Grill.
● There will also be bbq sauces, rubs, and seasonings on display, along with grilling cookware, utensils, and gadgets. This is a great day to come and ask questions, get new recipes, and chat everything bbq. The grills will be worked by Herman’s Boy’s expert grillers and a few guest grillers that have proved their skills as “Eggheads”.
● The event is family friendly and will have kid’s activities and an old fashioned organ grinder for entertainment. Overflow parking available at 240 Northland Dr., behind the Blakeslee Rop building.
● There is no charge or tickets necessary, so stop by on Saturday, May 7th for a day of fun and great food. If you have any questions on this event, please call Herman’sBoy, Inc. at (616) 866-2900.
Waldo Wright’s Flying Service
● Waldo Wright’s Flying Service, the nation’s largest vintage open cockpit biplane ride provider, is returning to the Air Zoo in Portage, MI, for another season of ride experiences beginning May of 2016 until September 30, 2016.
● Waldo Wright’s Flying Service will offer two distinct flying opportunities while at the Air Zoo. If a family adventure or day out with friends is what you seek, groups of up to four passengers can fly together in one of only 8 flying New Standard D-25 biplanes in a 15 minute joyride for $69.95 per passenger plus tax and a fuel surcharge.
● If taking the controls is more your style, a single guest can experience what it was like to be a WWII cadet learning to fly in the legendary Boeing Stearman biplane during a 30 minute flight $229 per passenger plus tax and a fuel surcharge.
© 2018 WZZM-TV