GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Chef Cindy Krzykwa from Live to Eat shows us how to make a spring vegetable pasta salad in the video above.
Makes approximately 6 servings
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¾ cup asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to el dente.
- Add carrots, peas and asparagus and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and vegetables. Cool under cold running water and drain again.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, cooked vegetables, spinach, onions, basil and parmesan.
- Toss to combine.
- Chill two hours before serving.
- Keeps up to three days in the refrigerator.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 WZZM-TV