Sweetie-licious One Bowl Pumpkin Cider Cake
1 box of packaged Spice Cake Mix -good quality
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider
1/3 cup sour cream
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp grated orange zest
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped dates in coated with flour- optional
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Spray with baking oil, using a pastry brush to oil the entire Bundt pan, getting into all crevices. Lightly sprinkle with flour completely. Shake off excessive flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat eggs, then add rest of ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on high speed for two minutes. Divide batter equally among pan(s).
- Bake 35 minutes, for small Bundt pans, or 50 minutes for larger Bundt pan, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes for small pans and 10 minutes for large pan. Invert pan(s) quickly, and remove cakes to cooling racks.
- 3 Cool completely, about 30 minutes or more. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with icing. Decorate as desired. Keep covered.
- Adapted cake recipe from Bettycrocker.com
- Cider Icing
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-3 TB of Michigan Cider, or replace some cider for apple brandy to taste. Yum!
- While whisking, add cider by tablespoons, to desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle on cake.
© 2018 WZZM-TV