GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Gravity Taphouse Grille is celebrating two years all week long! They are tapping multiple special release beers and are having a specialty taco features menu.
As another part of the anniversary celebration, Executive Chef Luke Theaker and RedWater Restaurant Group’s Development Manager Kristin Kent joined the WZZM 13 News at Noon to share a recipe for sweet potato-quinoa salad.
Watch the full demonstration in the video above or follow the recipe below.
Sweet potato-quinoa salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1 8 oz can cooked black beans
- 1 cup roasted sliced mushrooms
- 2 poblano peppers diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cilantro Chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Placed diced sweet potato, mushroom, onion and poblano pepper on sheet tray with 1 tablespoon of oil, roast for 15 min or until sweet potato is tender.
- Combine spices with lime juice and remaining oil and cilantro.
- Add to quinoa and cooked vegetables.
- Serve salad chilled with mixed greens as an entree, as a side dish to roasted chicken or fish, or in a wrap as a sandwich.
Gravity Taphouse Grille is located at 3210 Deposit Drive in Grand Rapids. For more information on the restaurant or the anniversary celebration, click here.
(© 2016 WZZM)