GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Pumpkin Butter
3 ½ c. pumpkin puree 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice 1 box sure jell 4 ½ c. sugar
Ball or Mason canning jars with appropriate lids and rings (4, 8 or 12 oz preferred)
1. Combine pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and sure jell in a medium/large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring mixture to a boil.
3. Add sugar and bring back up to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
4. Put pumpkin puree in sterile jars.
5. Clean edges of jar and place a lid and secure with a ring.
6. Boil jars in a water bath according to jar manufacturer instructions to seal for long term storage.
Chef Jennifer Zirkle a.k.a The Ginger Chef is a personal chef and food consultant.
You can learn more about Chef Jen at her website, jenthegingerchef.com.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV