GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - For the next four weeks the weekend morning team is going to introduce you to members of our families and share some of our favorite holiday recipes.
Meredith kicked off the series with her parents, Cliff and Cindy TerHaar.
They prepared a slightly adapted version of Gulliver's Creamed Corn.
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 8 ounces whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons sugar (the TerHaars use 6 tablespoons!)
- 1 pinch white pepper or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Combine all ingredients except last two in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend butter with flour.
- Add to the corn.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
(© 2016 WZZM)