Tomato Burrata Salad
500g (1/2#) Fresh Basil leaves
Finishing Olive Oil - To taste
Salt and Pepper - To taste
Bring a large stock pot of salted water (2% solution) to a rolling boil.
Submerge basil in boiling water and bring back to the boiling point, stirring occasionally. Boil for 4 minutes. Drain contents of pot through a sieve in order to catch basil and discard water. Submerge basil in an ice water bath until completely chilled. Drain excess water and squeeze basil in a towel until mostly dry. Place basil in blender with an ice cube and blend on maximum speed until smooth. Season the puree with salt, pepper, and finishing olive oil. Reserve in the refrigerator.
200g Balsamic Vinegar
Combine both ingredients in a small saucepot and gently simmer until a syrup consistency has been achieved. Let cool to room temperature. Reserve for later use.
3 RIPE Beefsteak Tomatoes
2 pkgs oz Di Stefano Burrata
Finishing Olive Oil
Tender Basil Leaves
Slice the tomatoes into 1" steaks and season with salt, pepper, sherry vinegar, and finishing olive oil.
Dress the bottoms of the plate with the basil coulis. Arrange the seasoned tomatoes in the center of the sauce. Spoon a healthy amount of burrata on the tomato. Garnish with remaining ingredients.
Courtesy: Chef Austin Gresham
Holland Farmers Market
· Open every Wednesday and Saturday from 8am – 3pm from Mid-May – Mid-December
· Features over ninety local vendors selling everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to plants, baked goods, floral arrangements, dairy products and much, much more.
· Bridge Cards are accepted
· ATM is located on site
· Market Buck Gift Certificates now available
· Every Saturday beginning at 10am until September 13
· Free to attend
· Sponsored by Local First with in-kind support from Visser Farms