GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - City Built Brewing Company opened its doors on May 27 in Grand Rapids and the new spot is already creating buzz.
Executive Chef Ellie Ebel joined the Noon News with a special recipe for tostones.
- Green plantains, cut on a bias.
- Deep fry the pieces until a light golden color with a slight give to the touch.
- Smash them to approximately one quarter inch in thickness using a meat mallet or something flat.
- Deep fry again until crispy on the outside, but not all the way through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Tabasco/hot sauce
- Mix well -- serves seven
City Built has 2,300 square feet for the 10-barrel brewing system, an 800 square foot kitchen area, and room for 180 people in the seating area.
The brewery and restaurant is open Wednesday through Sunday. You can visit their Facebook page here for more information.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 WZZM-TV