GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Today's What's Cooking segment features Chef Chad Idema from Grill One Eleven in Rockford. He's preparing "clams romesco."
Watch the video above for a full tutorial -- try it at home with the recipe below.
- 3 red peppers, remove seeds
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jumbo onion, cleaned and quartered
- Place on baking sheet with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes until charred
- 6 cups of rotini pasta
- Heat water to boil
- Add pasta
- Boil for 7 minutes
- Remove and drain
- Take vegetables and blend to a puree
- Place in sautée pan with 6 to 8 clams and cover on low heat
- Clams are done when they open up
- Remove clams and set aside
- Add pasta to sauce and toss till covered
- Pour into bowls and place clams on top of pasta and sauce and garnish with almonds and kalamata olives
Chef Chad is the Executive Chef at Grill One Eleven. You can visit their website, by clicking here.
(© 2016 WZZM)