GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Today's "What's Cooking" segment features Chef Chad Idema from Grill One Eleven in Rockford.
He's preparing Guinness braised lamb shank with grilled asparagus and shiitake truffle zested risotto.
Watch the video above for a full tutorial -- try it at home with the recipe below.
- 1 lamb shank per person
- 1 box risotto
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 TB butter
- 1 cup of Guinness (drink the rest)
- A handful of sliced mushrooms
- 3 shakes of truffle zest
- Flour to cover lamb
- Melt butter in large sauté pan.
- Coat lamb shank in flower and put in pan.
- Cook each side until browning starts.
- Slowly add Guinness into pan.
- Place in 400 degree oven until shank temps at 145 degrees, which is medium rare.
- Heat pan with oil and shallots.
- Add risotto to pan when it starts sounding like rice crispies.
- Pour in vegetable stock & wine, 1/2 quart at a time.
- Every time it thickens, add more stock until gone.
- Shake in truffle zest and mix in sautéed shiitake mushrooms.
- Plate and serve.
For more information about Chef Chad or Grill One Eleven, click here.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV