GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - If you're still planning your Thanksgiving dinner menu, this next recipe is sure to impress your guests.
Chef Nick Aslanian from Reds at Thousand Oaks came to the WZZM 13 Studio to share a recipe for pan seared duck breast with cranberry/orange compote.
Watch the full demonstration in the video above.
Pan seared duck breast with cranberry/orange compote
- 1 duck breast
- Score duck breast cross hatched, season both sides with salt and pepper
- Place skin down in cold pan and start heating on low
- Around 5 minutes later you’ll see the fat rendering out, once this occurs turn the heat of to medium/high for about 2-3 minutes
- Flip Duck breast over and sear on the other side for around 1 minute
- Finish cooking in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes
- Take pan out of oven, and place duck on paper towel, allowing to rest for 5-8 minutes
- Slice on a bias and serve
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 orange (zested/juiced)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- Place all ingredients in a pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Take out cinnamon stick and bay leaf and pulse in a robo coupe 2 times
- Cool, serve
Reds recently relocated to Thousand Oaks Golf Course and is open to the public.
Below is a list of events happening at Reds over the next few weeks:
Nov. 24, Thanksgiving buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Featuring soups, salads, roasted turkey, carved ham, prime rib, entrees, side dishes, desserts, kids buffet & more! $27 for adults, $14 for children 5-12, 4 & under free + tax & gratuity.
Dec. 7, Wine school from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Featuring Big Beautiful Reds with Vintage Wine! Wine School is $40 per person + tax & gratuity which includes a class taught by wine experts, wine & paired appetizers.
Dec. 31, New Years Eve at Reds!
- 4 Course Specialty Dinner $50 + tax & gratuity. Dinner service from 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday + all day on Wednesdays
For more information, visit EatAtReds.com.
© 2018 WZZM-TV