GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - The holidays can be difficult for seniors who don't have any local family. That's why local businesses and non-profits are partnering to bring "Be a Santa to a Senior" back again for 2017.
Trees are set up in locations around the Grand Rapids area and decorated with paper ornaments. Each ornament has the name of a senior and their desired gift.
You are encouraged to go out and buy that item, and return it to the store with the tree, with the paper ornament attached. Volunteers will then wrap it up, and deliver it to seniors in our community.
You can find the "Be a Santa to a Senior" trees at these locations:
- Walmart, 4542 Kenowa Ave. SW, Grandville, MI
- David Carrier Law, 4965 East Beltline, Grand Rapids, MI
- Kentwood Senior Center, 355 48th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- The Village of Heather Hills, 1157 Medical Park Drive, Grand Rapids, MI
- Sarah Care, 2211 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Sarah Care, 2024 Health Drive SW, Suite B, Wyoming, MI
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 WZZM-TV