GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Every year, millions of Americans cook a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, but not all of them get to enjoy it.
If you do it wrong, frying your holiday bird can cause fires and injuries. Grand Rapids firefighters demonstrated what could happen Tuesday, Nov. 22, when you drop a frozen turkey into a vat of hot oil.
The fire wasn't exactly spectacular, but still -- water and oil do not mix, and it's important to let a frozen turkey thaw completely before it's fried.
Thanksgiving is the No. 1 day of the year for house fires in the U.S., with three times as many fires occurring on the holiday than any other day.
© 2017 WZZM-TV