A Healthy Living Lecture Series will be presented by Saint Mary's Health Care this Wednesday, May 23 from 1-4PM at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. It is a free event to the community and topics include:
• Heart health
• Women's pelvic health
• Virtual grocery store tour
Health screenings and educational booths will also be offered.
Today, we will go down just a few of grocery store aisles to give you a sample of what participants will experience at the event:
• Fruit comparison: fresh, frozen, canned - nutrition & cost
• Vegetable comparison: fresh, frozen, canned - nutrition & cost
• Should consumers by organic? Consider only 19.1% of males and 27.1% of females get their recommended 5 a day serving in. Should we add another hurdle to their challenge?
Salad Dressing Aisle
• Regular/Light/Fat Free. Is it better to have more of the lighter/fat free or less of the regular?
• How do I pick a healthy cereal?
• Margarine versus Butter They both have the same amount of calories and fat so why do they say that margarine is better for my heart?