• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted, plus more, softened, for skillet and serving
• 2 tablespoons safflower oil
• 2 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
• Pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk
together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and oil. Whisk egg mixture
into flour mixture.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Working in batches and adding more butter as needed, pour in 1/3 cup batter
per pancake. Place 2 to 3 peach slices on top of each pancake. Cook until small
bubbles form on surfaces and undersides are golden, about 3 minutes. Flip,
and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve with butter and syrup.
3. Serve with thick cut bacon, blueberries, and maple syrup.
Yield: Makes 10.