CANNONSBURG, Mich. (WZZM)- You don't have to be vegan to enjoy this spicy dish!
- 1 onion diced
- 4 ribs of celery, diced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 oz. tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Jalapeno pepper jelly for garnish
- Sauté onion and celery in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add peanuts and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add flour and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add Vegetable Stock and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with Tabasco and Sugar.
- Puree with Blender.
- Garnish with a Tablespoon of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.