GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Summer is here! So there will be plenty of picnics, beach days and boating -- and that also means swimsuit season.
Here’s a break down on what you need to do de-bloat before you boat, swim or just lay on the beach.
THREE DAYS OUT
- Buy some ginger, grate it and make it into tea. It helps deflate the stomach from gas-producing foods.
- Make a pitcher of detox water and start chugging. Try lemons, kiwi and honey dew.
- Eat a banana. The potassium in it helps regulate fluid balance.
- Take an Epsom salt bath. These pull out excess water from your body.
TWO DAYS OUT
- Say no to alcohol and greasy food.
- Keep drinking your ginger tea and water detox.
- Hit the gym for a 30 minute cardio workout.
- Give up white bread, pasta and white rice. They are high in salt and starch so they make you retain water.
- Eat some honeydew melon. It has a diuretic property that a fights water retention.
- Drink more water detox.
- Don't eat after 7 p.m.
- Go to bed early, try for 9 hours.
- And of course this whole time you should be making smart healthy choices for meals.
This isn't going to make you lose 10 pounds, but it will help you feel better in that swimsuit.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 WZZM-TV