weather alert

Flood Advisory

Local

150 employees evacuated at Middleville Tool and Die

Thinkstock

Police lights image, stock photo.

Police lights image, stock photo. less

BARRY COUNTY, MICH. - Barry County Emergency Management evacuated Middleville Tool and Die after an employee passed out on the job due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, around 10:15 a.m. Monday, Dec. 5. 

The building located at 1900 Patterson Road, appeared to have high levels of carbon monoxide in the building leading to the transport of two employees to the hospital via Wayland Ambulance, while another 10 or 15 employees were treated at the scene. The chemical made employees feel lethargic and dizzy. 

Firefighters cleared the building following the evacuation. 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment