Barry County Emergency Management evacuated Middleville Tool and Die after an employee passed out on the job due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, around 10:15 a.m. Monday, Dec. 5.

The building located at 1900 Patterson Road, appeared to have high levels of carbon monoxide in the building leading to the transport of two employees to the hospital via Wayland Ambulance, while another 10 or 15 employees were treated at the scene. The chemical made employees feel lethargic and dizzy.

Firefighters cleared the building following the evacuation.