Y Ave. at 22nd Street - south Kalamazoo - photo from Al Forist
Photo from Mike Powers - Vicksburg
Springer Rd East of 24th St South of Vicksburg - photo from Al Forist
26th Street, north of Z. Photo from Al Forist
Z Ave. & 26th Street - photo from Al Forist
(WZZM) - Official reports from the National Weather Service:
- A tornado was spotted just east of Vickburg in Kalamazoo County.
- A grain silo has been destroyed three miles east of Vicksburg in Kalamazoo County and a roof taken off of a hog farm.
- Lakeview Middle School near Columbia and Helmer sustained damage. Trees down in area.
- Trees uprooted five miles ESE of Battle Creek
- Three large trees on a house five miles north of Marshall.
- A spotter estimated 75-80 mph winds just north of the Kalamazoo/St. Joseph Co. line.
- Multiple trees down in the 1700 block of Watkins Road near Battle Creek.
- Four miles ESE of Battle Creek - pea-sized hail, 60 mph gust, trees and power lines down. Trees down lying in same direction.
- Multiple large trees down and blocking roads near Columbia and 28th in SW Battle Creek.
- Multiple trees down just south of Vicksburg. Silver Street near the county line is nearly impassable.
- Multiple reports of winds estimated at 60 mph throughout Battle Creek.
- 70 mph gust in Schoolcraft and 80 mph gust two miles south of Fulton
- 3/4 inch hail in Allegan. Most hail reports were pea-sized, with occassional dime-sized hail.
- Allegan County Dispatch reports at least five house fires due to lightning strikes.
Click here for the latest radar.
Click here to send WZZM your photos or video.