GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- To create excitement for the upcoming 2012 USA Table Tennis U.S. Open, the West Michigan Sports Commission and Celebration! Cinema will host a Table Tennis Charity Challenge at Celebration! Cinema North.
The Challenge will pit local celebrities and sports figures against each other in bracketed table tennis matches. The ultimate winner of these matches will take on Connie Sweeris, 1987 U.S. Table Tennis Hall of Famer, in a final table tennis showdown. $700 will be donated in the name of the winner of this match to a local charity and $300 will be donated in the runner-up's name. Donations are courtesy of Celebration! Cinema.
For more information visit http://www.usopengrandrapids.com.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Celebration Cinema North - 2121 Celebration Drive NE, Grand Rapids
WHO: Among the many celebrities scheduled to participate are:
- Jared Veldheer -OT- Oakland Raider - FHN High School
- Drew Neitzel - Former MSU Basketball Star - Wyoming Park High School
- Ray Bentley - Former Buffalo Bill and Michigan Panther - Hudsonville High School - Morning Show Host - 107.3- WBBL-FM - "Bakita & Bentley"
- Rahn Bentley - Ray's twin brother - 1st recipient of a heart transplant performed in Grand Rapids
- Bret Bakita - Morning Show Host - 107.3-WBBL-FM - "Bakita & Bentley"
- John Gonzalez - M-LIve.com writer - radio host Newstalk 1340AM - WJRW