Summer is here and while you're thinking about that well deserved vacation, you may also want to give thought to ensuring you and your family is protected for more time spent at home as well as time away on vacation against home intrusion.
A fire extinguisher is an important safety device that can help save thousands of dollars in property damage. We can show you how to use one properly and ensure you have the right one for your home and needs.
Fire extinguishers are rated by the acronym A-B-C, which refers to types of fires, we'll make sure you have the right one and know how to use it.
• Class A fires include paper, wood, fabric and most plastics
• Class B fires include burnable liquids such as grease, oil and gasoline
• Class C fires include most electrical fires
Smoke alarms save lives; they can double your chance of surviving a house fire. We can show you how to install one, how many you should have in your home, the latest advances in alarms and how to maintain.
Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the United States. It is colorless, odorless and tasteless, but it can be fatal when inhaled, so it's very important that each house includes carbon monoxide alarms. We can show you the latest in carbon monoxide alarms, where they should be installed, how they work and how to install them.
Stop Them In Their Tracks
The most important line of defense for protecting your property is making sure you install deadbolts on every entry door to your home. Deadbolts that are grade two or higher offer the best protection, we can show you all the options, and walk through installation.
Kwikset Deadbolts, Knobs, Levers and HandleSets
With Kwikset Smartkey technology, you can rekey your own lock in a matter of seconds. You can easily re-key your locks to the same Kwikset key an unlimited amount of times, providing convenience with no additional expense.
Homeowners should re-key their locks for a variety of reasons. Some common examples include:
• Lost, stolen or unreturned keys
• A recent move
• Remodeling, upgrading or updating
• Tenant turnover
• Or, to increase home security on a regular basis
Kwikset locks also protect against lock bumping, a common technique used by home intruders.
• • The term "bumping" comes from the fact that a specially cut key is inserted into a keyhole and then tapped or "bumped" by a screwdriver or other object, allowing the intruder access to the home.
• BumpGuard is a patented side locking bar that protects against lock bumping.
Halt! Who Goes There!
Try linking motion sensors to your outdoor lighting system. The sensors will startle intruders by instantly exposing them to light.
Affordable Video Systems are available on Home Depot.com
It's About Time
If you're going away on vacation, put timers on your interior lights. Specifically, look for timers that stagger when your lights go on and off from day to day to prevent a pattern from being established with the lights coming on and going off at the same time daily.
Products that will be featured in this segment:
• Kidde Fire Extinguisher $34.98
• Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm $29.97(battery)
• Smoke Alarm (lithium battery) $18.97
• Carbon Monoxide Alarm (plug in-battery back up) $21.98
• Indoor 7 day timer $14.98
• Motion Activated Light Control (screw in to existing outdoor fixture) $24.97
• 270degree Sensor Security Light $47.97
• Kwikset Smartkey Lock Set $129.00
• Kwikset Smarkey Deal Bolt Lock $45.97