The Lincoln Park woman was charged with fraud Tuesday for collecting $5,500 in state benefits after winning the lottery.
ECORSE, Mich. (AP) -- A Detroit-area woman who won a $735,000 lottery prize has died of a possible drug overdose.
Police confirmed that 24-year-old Amanda Clayton was found dead about 9 a.m. Saturday at a home in Ecorse, just southwest of Detroit.
Clayton of Lincoln Park pleaded no contest to fraud and was placed on nine-month probation in July for failing to inform the state about her pre-tax lottery windfall of $735,000 last year.
Her attorney said then that Clayton repaid about $5,500 in food aid and medical benefits.
The Associated Press left a voicemail Saturday afternoon seeking comment from Clayton's family.