(WZZM)- Chef Mercedes Lopez Duran and Paola Mendivil were in studio Saturday morning with this traditional Mexican treat!
Visit El Granjero Mexican Grill at 950 Bridge Street NW for more authentic Mexican cusine.
Ponche de Frutas Recipe
- 1 gallon of water
- 1-2 sticks of cinnamon
- raisins, plums, tamarind, jamaica flower petals (choose according to taste)
- 8-10 guavas
- 2 large apples
- tejocates (a Mexican hawthorne fruit)
- sugar cane
- Add desired ingredients into water and bring to boil
- Boil mixture for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve drink hot with fruit in the cup
- Add sugar for taste
- Use fruit that works with your palette. Choose the stuff you like!
- The longer you let the drink simmer, the bolder the flavor