Pet Boarding Tips
11:43 AM, Dec 31, 2012
- Different types of boarding: Kennel, an in home sitter, or at a friends.
- How to find a good place: Ask your vet, a referral you trust, ask for references.
- Visit the location: Is the yard fenced in, is the home/kennel clean, spend time there. Sleeping quarters.
- What to watch out for: Is the place prone to accidents? Do they seem to care about the dogs? What type of activity do they have for dogs? Supervision.
- Flea issues. Always flea treat. Up to date on shots?
- Do they charge extra to administer medications?
- How often can the client text or call the home/facility for updates?
- Emergency information. How will you be notified if an emergency happens? Do they have a plan for emergencies if the dog gets sick in the middle of the night?
Healthy Paws Dog Walking & Pet Services LLC