Saturday marks anniversary of deadly store explosion

5:20 PM, Dec 29, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

WAYNE, Mich. (AP) -- Two years later, state utility regulators soon are expected to release a report on an explosion that destroyed a Detroit-area furniture store and killed two people.

Judy Palnau at the Michigan Public Service Commission tells The Detroit News  that the report could contain recommendations. She says she can't talk about any details.

Saturday is the second anniversary of the explosion at the William C. Franks Furniture store in Wayne in western Wayne County. Two employees were killed, and owner Paul Franks was seriously injured. Consumers Energy, which provided natural gas to the store, has said it couldn't determine the cause.

The utility last year said a break in a gas main was found about 230 feet away, but it's not known if the break occurred before the explosion.

Most Viewed Articles

Most Watched Videos