New Show Covers All Areas of Personal Wellness
Living Well -- Grand Rapids, a new two-day health and fitness show, opens this Friday at DeVos Place.
More than 100 exhibitors sharing their services, products, and their expertise, plus over 70 seminars, demonstations, and classes will help show attendees in pursuit of healthier lives. All areas of personal wellness are represented, including:
• Air/Water Purification
• Alternative and Traditional Health Services
• Assisted Living Facilities
• Athletic Apparel/Footwear, Sporting Good Retailers, and Exercise Equipment
• Bicycle Shops
• Child Development Services
• Chiropractic Services and Massage Therapy
• Counseling Services, Life Coaching, and Personal Development
• Recreational Clubs and Fitness Centers/Health Clubs
• Hospitals and Insurance/Health Plans
• Outdoor Centers/Camps and Kids Activity Centers
• Local & Organic Food Suppliers and Special Dietary Products
• Nutritional Products/Counseling
• Races/Fitness Events
• Senior/Aging Services
• Weight Management Centers
• Financial Counseling/Services
Biggest Loser 2012 Winner Jeremy Britt will speak both days. On Saturday, he will be joined by his sister -- and fellow Biggest Loser finalist -- Conda for a special discussion of Family Dynamics in Weight Loss.
Other speakers include world-record holder "Marathon Don" Kern, television meteorologist Matt Kirkwood, Seva Yoga's Michelle Fife, and Sarah Jehnzen of "Sarah's Deals."
Plus, attendees can get active right at the show by participating in ongoing sessions of Zumba, Pilates, TurboKick, WERQ, and more. There will also be a selection of fitness equipment and accessories available to try out.
Join a 3-mile training run through downtown at 8am on Saturday morning, organized by For the Run of It, and get free admission to the show anytime after it opens at 10am.
Register online for Grand Rapids' Largest Yoga Class, led by Michelle Fife at 9am on Saturday, and for $6 get an hour-long yoga session and admission to the show.
Also on Saturday, from 10am -- 2pm, patrons can take an action step toward healthier lives during the Step Up, Sign Up event by registering right at the show for a wide variety of the area's best fitness runs, charity walks, bike tours, triathlons, kids' sports, and much more.
Winter bikers who ride to the show will receive a free bike tune-up, courtesy of Central District Cyclery.
Attendees can also take advantage of free in-booth screenings and activities, including:
• Talk with doctors and other health professionals
• Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening
• Blood Pressure Screening
• Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD) Screening
• Sleep Disorders Risk Assessment
• Memory Testing
• Fitness Demos
• Posture Exams
• Chair Massages
• Paraffin Wax Hand Treatments
• Virtual Grocery Shopping
Don't miss West Michigan's first and only show that's completely devoted to improving all aspects of health!
Discounted tickets are available at area Meijer stores.
Friday, January 11 12pm - 8pm
Saturday, January 12 10am - 8pm
Children (6 - 14): $4.00
5 & Under: Free