UPDATE: One person inside the home suffered severe burns and was taken to Spectrum Butterworth Hospital.
Grandville firefighters are still investigating what happened, but preliminary information suggests careless smoking caused the fire.
GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WZZM)-Fire crews are responding to a house fire in Grandville.
Crews from Grandville and Wyoming arrived on scene just after 5:00 Sunday morning.
The house is located at 2491 Watercrest Court, just off of Bluewater Lane.
Residents living in the neighborhood say they can see the flames and smoke from their homes.
Scanner traffic tells us the residents were able to evacuate the home. Their injuries are not known.
WZZM will continue to monitor the situation, and we will have more updates as they become available.